The Scariest Post I've Ever Written




See that girl on the left? That was me, a few years ago. Not even at my heaviest, but it was the most recent picture I could find since I stopped letting anyone take photos of me after seeing it.

That girl was unhappy, self conscious, ashamed, and constantly questioning every decision she made. She desperately wanted to change her life but didn't know how. She cried almost every day, and felt inferior to everyone she met. She felt ugly, and undeserving. She was afraid of her own shadow. She didn't believe she could ever be different, and resigned herself to a life of unhappiness.  I won't lie, she sort of hated herself. 

And that girl on the right? That's me. 

I am happy. I am an extrovert. I know I can achieve the goals I set for myself, and accomplish anything I put my mind to. I love myself. I know that other people love me. I have confidence in my skills and abilities. I'm training for a half marathon, working full time in advertising, working as an independent fitness coach, and planning a wedding. And I know I am capable of doing all of that and more. I am brave. I am a force to be reckoned with. 

Confronting the past is terrifying. My fiance has never even seen pictures of me at this weight. I like to think that people who knew me then forget what I looked like. Yet, here I am making it public for people to see.

Why? Because I know that other people feel the way I felt. Like they could never change, like nothing will work for them. They feel that even if they do lose some weight and start getting healthy, they'll gain it all back. 

Because that's what happened to me. I lost a bunch of weight, and then started gaining it back. Until I stopped the cycle in December. I took a leap, committed myself to a challenge group with a Beachbody coach I found through a random Pinterest recipe, and gave it everything I had. And the result? I became the girl on the right.

Maybe 'became' isn't the right word. I REVEALED the girl on the right. She was there all along. But she wouldn't be here without that coach, without that challenge group, with the tools that I was provided with. I'm not saying it was easy. It was (and IS) hard work. Every day. 

If you feel like that girl on the left, if you feel like you have to do it on your own, that you can't devote time and resources to your health, I'm telling you, YOU DON'T HAVE TO FEEL THAT WAY. 

I will help you. I will share with you the tools and tips I learned from my coach, and we will find a program that works for you. I will help you meal plan and understand how clean eating and Shakeology can transform the way you look at food. I will help you reach your goals. I will help you change your life. Does that sound dramatic? GOOD. It should. 

If I can do it, so can you!

Are you ready to change your life? 

Email me at myfithabit@gmail.com, FB message me, or signup for a free membership here

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment