Easy Chicken Fajitas

My introduction to clean eating occurred at the same time my boyfriend and I moved in together. It was the first time I'd ever lived with a significant other, I was jump starting my clean eating lifestyle, it was Q4 (I work in advertising, it's a big deal) and oh by the way it was also Christmas. High stress. 

I committed to cooking every night (Chris helps and cleans up) and cooking healthy, clean meals that we'd also enjoy. I spent hours pouring over recipes on Pinterest and searching out clean eating recipes. And then I realized...most recipes can be made clean by swapping out processed ingredients for whole foods. 

Don't get me wrong, I love clean eating blogs because they've already done the work for me, but I also take pride in developing my own (usually easier and simpler) versions of recipes. Like the fajitas I'm sharing today! They take 20 minutes active cooking time and are so easy and delicious. 

Can you tell food photography is not my expertise?


Chicken Fajitas

  • 2 chicken breasts, sliced thin
  • 2 peppers, sliced into strips
  • 1 onion, sliced into strips
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • juice of 2 limes
  • salt and pepper to taste

Etc: tortillas, brown rice, quinoa, cut limes, greek yogurt, salsa, hot sauce, shredded cheese

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let marinate (20 minutes is enough, but longer is better). Heat a pan over high heat, and add 1/4 to 1/3 of the mixture. Don't crowd the pan, the chicken and veggies should be in one layer. Keep everything moving in the pan until it's cooked through, there will be some light charring. Once done, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the chicken and vegetables.

Serve with homemade tortillas, brown rice or quinoa. I use fat free greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and top with plenty of salsa and hot sauce.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment