Shakeology Cleanse Day 1 - My Experience

I spent the first three days of this week on a work trip in New York. Of course I had the best intentions for working out and eating clean the whole trip.


But I'm not perfect. 

I did pretty well: drank my shake every morning, resisted delicious New York pizza, only ate one bagel the whole trip (a huge accomplishment for me). However, I did indulge more than planned, and came back from the trip feeling sluggish and awful. 

That's a good sign, right? It means that my body is more used to CLEAN food than it is to processed junk. (I'm trying to find the silver lining here to feeling sick.)

I decided to try my first Shakeology Cleanse. The cleanse is 3 days long (or 2, if you really can't make it) and is intended as a calorie restricted, nutrient dense few days. You can do light workouts while doing the cleanse, but since this is my first time I decided not to.

Cleanse Schedule

Breakfast:
1 scoop Shakeology
1 cup water (add ice if you want)
1/2 cup fruit (optional)

Green Tea

Snack 1:
piece of fruit (I had an apple)

Lunch:
1 scoop Shakeology
1 cup water (add ice if you want)

Snack 2: 
1 scoop Shakeology
1 cup water (add ice if you want)

Dinner:
4 oz lean white protein (chicken or fish)
3 servings vegetables
2 tsp. dressing (optional)

Day 1 was very successful! When I got hungry I drank a glass of water and waited 20 minutes. If the hunger didn't go away, then it was time for my next meal. What I love about this cleanse is that you're still getting solid food twice a day, and you're eating every 2-3 hours, which is how I normally eat. 

One thing I miss? Almond milk in my shakes. I love the creamy texture it gives them, but they are still delicious shaken with water. I've also been a vanilla girl since I started drinking Shakeology, and recently I'm loving chocolate. 

Wish me luck on days 2 and 3! 

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment